Please follow the steps below to set-up your appointment with a provider at the Mount Sinai Thyroid Program. Adhering to these simple steps will assure that your visit to our program is well coordinated and as efficient as possible (we respect your time!).
Call to schedule your appointment. Access our Provider page to view detailed contact information.
Contact your referring MD to have your pertinent records sent/faxed to your Mount Sinai Thyroid Provider. Some of the studies listed below may not have been performed prior to your consultation. We will coordinate the remaining necessary studies during your visit.
The records that we need are:
- Thyroid lab reports (TSH, T4, T3 levels)
- Biopsy results (cytology) – if you have had a biopsy, please make arrangements to have your slides with you or mailed to our program for review
- Consultation notes from your endocrinologist or primary care provider
- Imaging reports and films (ultrasound, CT scan)
- Operative and pathology reports (for patients who have had prior thyroid surgery)
If at all possible, please send us your records and films in advance of your visit so that your visit can be efficiently coordinated. Many of these studies can take place the same day of your visit to the Endocrine Surgery Thyroid Program, but only if we receive your records in advance of your consultation.